Study Room Policies
By booking a study room, you agree to the following:
- When not reserved, study rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Study room users without reservations must leave immediately when requested by an individual or group with proof of a valid reservation.
- Vacate the room promptly when your reservation period ends so that the next individual or group can have their full time.
- Do not start a timed test or other activity that will extend beyond your reserved time. If there is another reservation, you will be asked to leave.
- Rooms are meant to be shared by as many students as possible. Back-to-back and/or multiple reservations by a group beyond the daily two hour limit are not allowed even if different people in the group are reserving the room. Such reservations may be canceled by library staff.
- The library reserves the right to remove unattended belongings if the reservation period is expired and the room is reserved by another patron. Belongings may be claimed at the circulation desk.
- The library assumes no responsibility for unattended personal belongings.
- Study rooms are not intended to provide privacy. Library staff may enter the rooms as needed for security, maintenance, or other issues.
- Children and service animals may not be left alone in study rooms at any time.
- Respect the equipment and furnishings. You will be held responsible for any damage to the equipment, furniture, or the room itself during your reservation.
- Please clean up the room before you leave so that it is ready for the next user. This includes erasing the white board.
- Respect others studying nearby and keep the noise down. The study rooms are not sound-proof.
- If you lock yourself out of the room, go to the Library Services Desk on the first floor for assistance.
- If you are unable to resolve a dispute over the use of a room, please seek staff assistance at the nearest service desk.
Failure to follow these policies may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of access to the study rooms. Your cooperation and courtesy are appreciated.