Please check back later
while we catch up with the newly redesigned
JCK Library Web page!
A frequent question received at JCKL is how to access library databases from off campus. Below are four simple steps to follow. Those with inquiring minds who want more details, please click here.
1. Access the database from the JCKL home page. Point your browser to http://library.ucmo.edu OR go through MyCentral's "Library" tab OR click on the "Library" button from the UCM home page. (HINT: DO NOT access the database via Google.)
2. Choose the desired database. Central Search (which searches across multiple databases in a single query) is front & center on the Library home page OR an A-Z list of databases is accessible through the "Online Databases" link OR hover the cursor over the "Online Resources/Databases" button and select one of the database options in the drop-down menu.
3. Enter the same credentials used to access Blackboard (otherwise known as your UCM Network User ID & Password) when you see this screen:
4. You will then be passed through to the database.
1. Access the database from the JCKL Home Page. Many times people use Google to find a database website. For example, one can Google for "EbscoHost" but the entry to the resulting databases is not the same entry as when accessed through the Library's home page. When the databases are reached through a Google search, your UCM Network credentials will not work.
2. Choose the desired database. Nearly all of the subscription databases are available from off campus. Look for the red checkmark in the "Off Campus" column, located on the far right of the A-Z list if you want to double check this.
3. Enter the same credentials used to access Blackboard. By contractual agreements between JCKL and the database providers, access is limited to current students, faculty, and staff. When UCM credentials are used, the computer system is verifying that you are a current member of the UCM community.
4. You will then be passed through to the database. You should not need to re-enter your login information again unless you begin a new search session.