January 29th – Friday – 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm - JCKL
Can you field a team of four people smart enough to win the library’s quiz bowl tournament?
All current UCM students and employees are eligible to participate.
If so, email firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan 26th to register.
Rules for UCM Quiz Bowl
1. Teams shall be limited to no more than four members.
2. Rounds involving two competing teams shall consist of twenty questions each.
3. After a question is read, the competing teams shall have five seconds in which to respond by
hitting one of their buzzers. If no one attempts to answer the question, no points are
awarded/taken away, and the next question is read.
4. After a question is read, the contestant who hit his/her buzzer first has five seconds to
a. Only the contestant who hit the buzzer may attempt to answer the question.
b. Only one attempt can be made by the team that buzzes in.
5. If the contestant answers correctly, his/her team receives ten points and the quiz continues.
6. If the contestant has no answer, or answers incorrectly, his/her team loses five points and
the opposing team has a chance to answer the question.
e. If the opposing team answers incorrectly, they lose no points and the quiz continues.
7. Teams are not allowed to use any type of mobile device or other members of the audience
to help answer questions.
8. In the event of a tie at the end of twenty questions, a tie-breaker question shall be asked.
Whichever team successfully answers the question wins and advances to the next round.