Once you have installed Zotero, you can migrate your bibliographic data from RefWorks to Zotero. Please follow the steps below:
- Go into your RefWorks account-go to References, and Export
- Choose the option, All references
- Select BIBTEX format, and Export. Your bibliographic data will open in a new browser window or tab (depending on your browser settings). If it does not appear, make sure that popup windows are allowed.
- Copy and past the bibliographic data into a .txt file, and save.
- Open your Zotero dashboard, select the gear icon at the top, and choose Import from the drop down menu.
- Select the text (.txt) file that contains your bibliographic data, this data will then be imported into the default folder in Zotero